If windows 10 search not working, How to fix search problems in Windows 10? There are a few ideas you can try to get Windows menu search working again.
Taskbar Search is a very essential feature of Windows 10, So far like everything else in the operating system, is a little volatile at times. I have caught of issues with search before and after the Windows 10 Update. There are many solutions to this problem.
Cortana interflow made it just awesome. This attempt by Microsoft was amazing to make better users’ experience. But, Some errors may lose your fun. Sometimes, You may find that Windows 10 start menu not working as your expectation or just windows search not working. Nowadays, So many windows 10 users have a complaint about this matter that you get in various online forums. Some of them complained that search not working windows 10. I know some of you are still looking for the solution to solve this annoying mistake.
How To Fix Problem Windows 10 search not working
Here we’ve given top solutions for you to learn, how to fix windows 10 search not working? You can try the process one by one until you find the search results. This post will help to keep your Windows search on the right way.
1. Restart your computer
If these basic tricks fail to resolve the taskbar search problem, You should restart your computer.
- Left click on windows button
- Click on the power button icon
- Restart your PC.
You can think you are lucky If restarting works like magic. Otherwise, Follow the next solutions.
2. Launch Task manager & Restart Cortana Process
Sometimes Cortana is also liable for the misbehavior of the start menu search. In that case, open task manager and restarting the Cortana process will solve the problem.
- Press the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] keys on your keyboard or right-click the taskbar and then click “Task Manager.”
- Find the Cortana process under the Processes tab, and click on the “End task” button.
3. Restart Windows Explorer
This is another method to fix the search issue, restarting Windows Explorer might jump-start your taskbar search.
- Right-click the Start button and click Task manager.
- Click Windows Explorer and restart.
4. Run Windows Troubleshooter
If windows search has any known issues, windows Troubleshooter can help you to solve it.
- Hit Windows Key + X and then click on Control Panel to open it.
- Then find and open Troubleshooting.
- Click on System and Security option.
- Right click on Search and Indexing and choose Run as administrator.
Click on Next. You also may have to choose Files don’t visible in search results and then click on next again. Follow the given instructions. It will find and fix the issue.
5. Restart Windows Search service
Search to work properly in Windows 10, you need to make sure the Windows Search service is working actively.
- Open Run by hitting the Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Type in “services.msc” and the Services dialog should open.
- Scroll down and find the Windows Search service.
- Right-click it and click on properties.
Once the Windows Search Properties dialog opens, click on the Startup Type drop-down, and change it to Automatic. After that, click on OK to save and exit the dialog.